The IYF Representative role is pivotal to the success of the International Youth Federation in reaching the goals in each of the countries it serves. The Representative builds, leads and strategically positions the IYF Country Team in support of national youth priorities, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Representative develops strategic initiatives to translate the IYF strategic vision in the country context, focusing on the key areas of the IYF: capacity building, innovation, and civic engagement.
A prerequisite for determining the suitability of candidates for the Representative positions is to undergo assessment through the IYF Leadership Assessment Center (LAC). In addition to the qualifications outlined in the Representative job description, applicants for the Leaders Assessment Center (LAC) must fulfill the following criteria:
- Have demonstrated experience in youth sector, community service, voluntary-based organizations or other related fields.
- Only candidates of 18-38 years of age will be considered for this position.
- Be a citizen of the assigned country.
- Be available for at least one term of service (3-Years), after the assessment has been undertaken.
- Candidates who shall leave their home territory for a period of more than 3 months cannot be considered for the position.
- Have good command of English.
- The candidates that progress to the final stage of the LAC Assessment (competency-based interview) will be asked to present an endorsement letter from the country’s entity or individual in support of their application.
Skills Required for Position
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with a diverse community;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations quickly, accurately and effectively.
Experience and results preferred at national level in youth empowerment role, development, communications, international relations, youth studies, sport, women empowerment, youth-led organizations or another relevant field.
- Self-Satisfaction: Yeah, that’s what makes our life exciting
- Worldwide Friendship: Members from five continents may connect with other IYF members globally through our digital network, projects, initiatives, conferences and the IYF Congress.
- Global Members’ Recognition: The IYF official website, www.iyfweb.org, is a showcase for the accomplishments of IYF members, Member States and Regional Teams. IYF members may also be highlighted as experts in special fields or nominated for awards when opportunities arise.
- Community Participation: Make a difference! Become an integral part of the global youth movement.
- Leadership Development: Through work experience, the IYF offers mentoring and leadership training for personal development. IYF members are also represented in commissions, technical committees and working groups at local, national and international levels.
- Network: Your professional and personal network will be expanded since you’ll find many new people working along with you.
- Improves Your Profile: In future, if you would like to apply for some higher study programs like MBA, you can highlight your work with the IYF.
- Personal Development: The important factor that stands out you from a pile of normal people is your communication along with leadership skills. As a global organization, working for the IYF can improve your communications and shape your leadership skills.
- Resource Center: The IYF Resource Center provides information on the most updated youth insights, solutions, and relevant resources. We offer toolkits, in-depth case studies, solution profiles, blogs, and webinars by young leaders.
How to Apply