About the Organization
Skill Enhancement Centre (SENCE) is a HR consulting firm focused on small medium businesses. Our goal is to help our clients grow their businesses to internationally recognized ‘best practice’ organisations. We achieve this by assisting them put in place organisational structures which serve as the foundation within which they can build their business. Being a small business as well, we understand firsthand the challenges and needs of our clients and are therefore more equipped to proffer solutions which go to the root of their problems. Our background provides us with the unique opportunity to develop programmes and services which are relevant and value adding for our clients. . The range of our experience means that we can offer our clients a holistic approach including advising on legal issues affecting their HR practices and choosing a suitable IT solution for their HR needs. When it comes to our recruitment service, we try to understand our client’s business and the peculiarities of their organisation, thereby reducing the incidence of wrong fit. Our core strength is our skilled work force and experienced business partners. Our team has in-depth experience in recruiting staff at all levels, developing training/development strategies, organizational management strategies and structuring organizations.
Details of the Role
We are searching for a well-organized graduate to join our team as the new Trainee Engineer. The Trainee Engineer’s responsibilities include attending meetings, conducting desktop and field research, performing all practical and administrative duties assigned by the Supervisor, traveling to other sites when required, assisting on projects, offering suggestions for improvement, and writing up reports. You should be able to work in a team and be prepared to step outside of your comfort zone.
Job Title: Trainee Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Entry level
Years of Experience: 0-1 year
Relevant Disciplines: Engineering Courses
- Complete all tasks set by the Supervisor and assisting wherever possible.
- Observe existing strategies and techniques and offering suggestions for improvement.
- Conduct research and collating data.
- Travel to different sites with team members and gaining practical experience in new work zones.
- Work closely with team to foster professional values and build good relationships.
- Observ health and safety guidelines at all times.
- Attend meetings and workshops.
- Submit to all forms of evaluation during the traineeship.
- Compile reports and delivering presentations to staff members and other stakeholders.
- Relevant degree in Engineering.
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ArcGIS and other Engineering software will be an added advantage.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good observation skills and a willingness to learn.
How to Apply