The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award was established by Cisco and Global Citizen to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, as a way to demonstrate the impact that young people are having on achieving the Global Goals, and to accelerate global problem solving.
Selected via an application process, the Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award honors an individual aged 18-30 who has contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending global poverty. The award includes a $250,000 prize paid to the organization to which the individual contributes.
- IMPACT: Demonstrated track-record of measurable impact at scale over the last 3-5 years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
- VISION: Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next 3-5 years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
- CATALYST: Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
- GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a Global Citizen and a Global Problem Solver.
- TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION: Innovates with technology or Internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
- We accept applications from all over the world, with the exception of countries and entities subject to financial or other sanctions by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) or other government entity of the United States of America that may restrict the transfer of the Prize money.
- We accept applications from any individual who is doing impactful work and who has a registered legal entity such as non-profit, for-profit, B-corp, social enterprise, etc.
- The application consists of five parts: (1) About You: Personal and Organization Information, (2) Pitch (3) About Your Work (4) Description of how your work aligns with the Judging Criteria (5) Supplemental Organizational Details.
- For the first part, you will be required to submit basic information about you and your organization and a scanned copy of your passport.
- For the second part, you must explain why you deserve this award and provide us with a 2-3 minute video of your pitch.
- For the third part, you will be required to answer 5 short answer questions about your work.
- For the fourth part, you will describe in 250 words or less, how you have achieved each one of the Prize’s criteria.
- And for the fifth part, you will submit proof of your organization’s registration details including the certificate of registration, incorporation or tax exemption and other supplemental information.
How to Apply
- Candidates will be judged against criteria by a group of Global Citizen, Cisco, and independent experts.
- Up to 10 semi-finalists will be selected and notified on or around October 15, 2020 to submit 3 letters of recommendation. (Once you apply for the Prize, you should have your letters of recommendation ready for submission.) Supplemental information might also be requested of semi-finalists.
- If selected as one of the 10 semi-finalists, you will be judged by a panel of representatives from Global Citizen, Cisco, and esteemed activists and leaders in the international development field.
- From the 5-10 semi-finalists, 3 finalists will be selected and notified on or around October 30, 2020. The 3 finalists will move forward to a public vote and final round of judging.
- The Prize Winner will remain confidential and announced either at the time of filming, live on stage at the 2020 Global Citizen Prize Ceremony or via broadcast in December 2020.
Deadline Sunday, Sept 20, 2020