In the United States (US) Universities, the International Scholarship for Women (ISW) will be granted to the women for full-time research or study. At recognized Canadian or U.S. institutes, both graduates, as well as postgraduate educations, are supported under this scholarship sponsored by SheBegan Women’s Magazine. Since 1998, the international Scholarship for Women (ISW) has been existing. The international scholarship for women (ISW) program offers sponsorship for women studying full-time graduate, undergraduate, or postdoctoral programs in the U.S.A. The full education funding grants are offered to the women of all countries other than Iran, to study in U.S. Universities and exemption for the women, those are ISW institution members.
First preference will be given to the women that prove prior dedication to the charitable or volunteering work for empowering women in their specific fields and also to the women through professional, community, or civic
ISW Scholarship Applicants should meet the following norms to become entitled to the International Fellowship:
- Except for Iran ISW sponsorship is available for the women from any other country.
- Age requirement for degree programs depends on the University requisites.
- Hold an educational grade (received abroad or in the U.S.) equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in the U.S. for enrollment application on master’s program, hold a degree equivalent to a master degree in the U.S. to apply for a doctoral grade program, or hold a valid doctoral degree to apply for a post-doctorate position.
- Committed to dedicate herself to the intended educational plan, if selected. A commitment letter needs to be signed by the candidate upon receiving the ISW Scholarship.
- Plan to go back to her home nation to take up a professional occupation.
- Be competent in English. Unless the candidate can confirm that her resident lingo is English (statement required in writing), that she obtained her undergraduate degree or secondary diploma that was taught in English language (transcript needed), or that she needs to submit a letter that provides evidence of her work as a full-time researcher enrolled in English taught program (transcript needed – English Proficiency Certificate needed), IELTS, or English language proficiency evidence is mandatory.
- By April 15, 2020, the candidate must have received a conditional admission letter from a U.S. University.
- Master’s professional-grade fellowships are meant for professional or master’s degree-level curriculums, for example, MS, L.L.M., J.D., Arch. Or M.F.A., or medical degrees, for instance, D.D.S., M.D., etc.
- Doctoral fellowships are meant for Ph.D. degrees, for instance, Ed.D or Ph.D.
International Scholarship for Women Sponsorship Coverage
- Health insurance in sponsorship with Sunlife insurance company
- Expense on Return flight: US$1600 (Once per anum)
- Undergraduate degree sponsorship: US$18,000
- Master’s/first professional degree sponsorship: US$28,000
- Doctoral degree sponsorship: US$26,000
- Postdoctoral degree sponsorship: US$32,000
- Books & Literature expense: US$1000 per year
- Monthly stipend of US$1200 for an undergraduate student, US$1600 for Master student, US$1800 for Doctoral Student and flexible package for post-doctorate student
The Panel of International Scholarship for women (ISW) once in a year meets for reviewing applications to disburse funding for deserving students. ISW Grants are awarded on the criteria of selection and eligibility standards summarized on this page. Suggestions by the review panel are conditional and dependent on final sanction by the Board of Directors of ISW. In keeping with finances available in a particular financial year, fellowships are granted on a competitive base.
No provisos exist for a reexamination of award proposals once the board has proceeded with their decision, but the rejected candidates are given a second chance to reapply in the next batch of the international women scholarship award. ISW doesn’t offer assessments of unsuccessful or successful applications publically other than the criteria listed on this page. Supporting documents & applications become the sole possessions of ISW & will neither be returned to the candidates.
- Candidate living in a home nation at the time of submission will get special attention
- Commitment on returning to the home nation
- Professional or Academic education scores
- Volunteer work in women empowerment niche
- Clearly projected time schedule to carry out research
- Feasibility & Quality of the projected plan of research or study.
- Verified proof of previous community services in the home nation.
- Candidate’s country’s requirement for specialized learning or skill
- The fiscal need-based requirement for the award
- Inspiration for graduate research with a flare of previous relevant work
- The candidate is from an understated part of the nation and/or kind of university excluding a most highly ranked research institute.
How to Apply
Deadline December 20, 2020